Wednesday, June 2, 2010

wasting time...

I recently posted about my geekiness that is World of Warcraft. This is somewhat related... I think...

I'm sitting at work today thinking, wow, there is so much stuff that I want to be doing right now, and this is NOT it. Actually, it kind of is, because I'm typing up this bog post while I'm sitting here and I'll put it up when I get home. But anyway, that's beside the point.

I started thinking about my priorities and how skewed they are in some ways. For example... this is a lit of things I wish I could get out of work and do right now:
1. Play WoW.
2. Shop for stuff to make chainmail.
3. Make chainmail.
4. Watch a movie.
5. Shop for shoes.

This is a list of things I SHOULD be doing if I could get out of work right now:
1. Try to figure out why Michigan Works hasn't called me to tell me that there is money available for the No Worker Left Behind program and that I can finally go to school.
2. Try to figure out when I should start the Medical Assisting program at Macomb, since I think I can pass out of the first semester because I already have the credits.
3. Garden. Trim bushes.
4. Clean the house. Especially vacuum.
5. Grocery shop (mmmmmm tomato basil mozzarella salad). Plan some meals so that the aforementioned grocery shopping is smoother.
** note: why does the grocery shopping need to be smoother?? Who cares how long it takes to grocery shop. I go through this every time. I want to rush in, get stuff, rush out, and then get all upset when it doesn't move that fast... sheesh. I used to wander aimlessly through Meijers for hours just looking at stuff because I was bored.

Anyway... the point here is that if I got out of work right now, I wouldn't do any of that. I would go home and play WoW. And tonight, when I actually DO get out of work, I'm going to play WoW. Which is great since its on the top of my list of things I WANT to do. But... I should be doing other things! I should be doing the things on list #2. I should be relearning how to dance, because I really enjoyed those classes we took last year. I should be planning yummy meals that I can make for next week. I should be going grocery shopping because I REALLY want that tomato basil mozzarella salad (and we're almost out of toilet paper).

And I should REALLY be out walking, and rollerblading, and finding a yoga class, or joining a gym.

And I should REALLY be figuring out the school stuff.

But I'm going to go home and play WoW.

Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment